Aerospace aluminum is a kind of ultra-high-strength deformed aluminum alloy, which is currently widely used in the aviation industry. It has good mechanical and processing properties, good plasticity after solution treatment, and good heat treatment strengthening effect. Generally, it has high strength and good toughness below 150°C (or even higher). It is an ideal structural material.
Compared with ordinary aluminum alloys, aluminum alloys used in aircraft have higher requirements for strength, hardness, toughness, fatigue resistance, and plasticity. Due to its light weight and remarkable lightweight effect, aviation aluminum has replaced steel and occupied the leading position of current aviation materials. Aviation equipment has high requirements for aluminum, which is an important high-end application market for aluminum.
There are many kinds of aluminum alloys used in airplanes. Nowadays, the aluminum alloys used in aircraft structures in various countries in the world are mainly high-strength 2 series (2024, 2017, 2A12, etc.) and ultra-high strength 7 series (7075, 7475, 7050, 7A04, etc.), and some 5 series (5A06) , 5052, 5086, etc.) and 6 series (6061, 6082, etc.) and a small amount of other series of aluminum.
Aerospace aluminum materials are mainly used in wing surface skins, wing surface girders, upper and lower edge bars of wing spars, webs, fuselage girders, seat slides, keel beams, side frames, fuselage skins, and lower fuselages Wall panels, main floor stringers, etc.
1. Duralumin: aluminum-magnesium-copper alloy. The most widely used aluminum alloy in the aviation industry. Commonly used 2024, 2A12, 2017A, strength, toughness, fatigue resistance, good plasticity. Used to make skins, bulkheads, wing ribs, etc.
2. Super hard aluminum: aluminum-zinc-magnesium-copper alloy. Commonly used 7075, 7A09, the ultimate strength and yield strength, high load, used to make the upper wing surface skin, beams, etc.
3. Anti-rust aluminum alloy: commonly used aluminum-magnesium alloy 5A02, 5A06, 5B05. It has high corrosion resistance, fatigue resistance, good plasticity and weldability. Used to make mailboxes, oil pipes, etc.
4. Forged aluminum alloy, commonly used 6A02, has high hardness and good corrosion resistance. Manufacturing engine parts, joints, etc.
5. Cast aluminum alloy, low specific gravity, high corrosion resistance and heat resistance, making engine casings, etc.